- Commonwealth of Massachusetts (1994)
- United States District Court, District of Massachusetts (1995)
- State of Maine (2004)
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 04/01/2015-2022
ERA KEY REALTY SERVICES, Chelmsford, MA, REALTOR®, November 2017 to present
- Zealously representing buyers and sellers through the process of buying or selling a home.
CITY OF SOMERVILLE, SOMERVILLE PUBLIC SCHOOLS, Somerville, MA, School-Based Family and Community Liaison, August 2012 to May 2013
- Community outreach. Worked with the principals of two schools, the community of parents and caregivers, and the Somerville Family Learning Collaborative to increase parent engagement with their child(ren)’s education.
- Major accomplishment: Innovated new position by holding roundtable discussions to engage with families and started blogs to keep parents apprised of outcomes of efforts.
UNIVERSITY OF MAINE SCHOOL OF LAW, Portland, ME, Legal Writing Fellow, August 2003 to May 2006
- Assisted director in all aspects of administering the legal writing program.
- Major accomplishment: Recommended and helped implement major program change to foster active learning: converting the one, large, weekly class to six, small-group, weekly classes.
Academic Support Program, Director
- Developed and implemented a pilot program to help first-year students acclimate to the study of law. Analyzed program’s initial success by tracking student attendance at academic-support study-group sessions and comparing the data against actual student performance and predictors for student performance. As a result, implemented appropriate program-wide changes.
- Publication and Presentations:
- Published an article on self-led learning as it relates to the process of legal analysis.
- Gave presentations on teaching with technology at a Maine Law faculty colloquium and at a legal writing conference at Harvard Law School.
CONCORD UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW, Los Angeles, CA, Professor, July 2004 to July 2005; January 2007 to December 2007
- Distance education professor for the first major institution to offer a juris doctorate degree earned wholly online via state-of-the-art educational technology and distance learning tools.
SUFFOLK UNIVERSITY LAW SCHOOL, Boston, MA, Instructor, Legal Practice Skills Program, June 1999 to July 2002
- Taught a first-year course in legal analysis, research, writing, and oral advocacy.
- Major accomplishment: devised a new legal-research teaching plan for the whole department using annotated digital photographs of resources to help students visualize the process of legal research while in class.
- Counseled students to manage the stress associated with adjusting to law school.
- Publications and Presentation:
- Published two articles on teaching with technology and gave a related presentation at a Suffolk Law faculty colloquium.
LEWINGER, MASON & DUFFY, P.C., Hingham, MA, Attorney, March 1995 to June 1999
- Practice concentration areas included real estate conveyancing, contracts litigation, estate planning, probate administration, and general litigation.
- SUFFOLK UNIVERSITY LAW SCHOOL, Boston, MA, J.D., cum laude, May 1994, Top 7%
- BOSTON COLLEGE, Chestnut Hill, MA, B.A., Political Science, May 1991
RELEVANT COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES:
- Innovation Academy Charter School, Tyngsboro, MA: Board of Trustees, Clerk, 2018-present
- Innovation Academy Charter School, Tyngsboro, MA: PTO Secretary, 2017-2019
- Innovation Academy Charter School, Tyngsboro, MA: Parent-Principal Advisory Council, 2016-2019
- Lowell Humane Society, Lowell, MA: Volunteer, 2016-present
- Center Elementary School, Chelmsford, MA: PTO President, 2014-2016
- Chelmsford Mothers’ Club, Chelmsford, MA: School-Aged Children Programs Coordinator, 2014-2015
- Parent Advisory Council, Somerville Family Network, Somerville, MA: 2010-2013
- Somerville Family Network, Somerville, MA: Playgroup Facilitator, 2010-2013
- Somerville Community Growing Center, Somerville, MA: Volunteer: 2010-2013